Friday 21 October 2011

Inflation Stinks For Business Owners & Investors

Yes, I said it.  Rising fuel bills have pushed the inflation rate above 5% the highest it has been for 20 years they say.  Wow!  So how does this affect your business and your investments? 

  • Higher fuel bills
  • higher rate business taxes
  • higher loan rates
  • higher mortgages or rents will shortly follow
  • reduced savings for those of us careful with our money (something like 1.5% at the moment in some cases)
I could go on and on and on, but you get the drift.  It's the SME owners that are going to suffer through all of this, and hey guess what not many measure in place to help them out.  So it looks like your on your own. 
This has bothered me for the last 18 months, watching my pension investment go down.  I pity those who are nearing retirement or about to retire, because in reality due to the economic down turn you are looking at more than 10% reduction in their investment and possibly more over time.  At least I have a few years yet before I retire for the market to recover.  This is scary!  

Invest in Gold and Silver
I have had friends and fellow marketers scream at me.  Well I have been watching the price of gold, and am kicking myself now, as I should have invested then.  Have you seen the price of gold?  $1600 plus per ounce!!  I remember seeing this at $80 an ounce... no chance now. What a great return in only a few short months.  Now I know gold has gone down over the last couple of days, but cold coins.....
Coins?
How can a coin be an investment?  Well when they are sold directly from the mint in pristine condition. Of course there are other factors which I won't go into here, but my website goes into more details ==> click here


Here's a link from the financial times for those of you lucky people living in the UK  - Inflation News







Colette Morris F.R.S.A
Internet Marketing Strategist & Business Coach
http://www.BuildYourBusinessOnline.info

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you, leave me a comment.

ShareThis

Interesting Blogs to Visit