Sunday 27 February 2011

This One Is For Work From Home Mothers

 I received this from a friend via email and thought it appropriate to distribute on my blog. Now as a mother myself, I know that your role as a mother is not taken so seriously by corporate men in suites or other areas of business. Don't under estimate your self worth or your value to not only your family but to the society in which you live.

If like me you are also entrepreneur and a work from home mother, when you read this you will feel proud of being a mother if you are not already feeling so.


The officer at the Driving License counter asked the lady "What is your occupation?"

The woman seeking renewal of her license seemed to be puzzled. So the
officer said "Ma'am, are you employed, have your own business
or........

The woman replied "Oh, yes!! I have a full time occupation. I am a mother"

Officer: "We don't have 'mother' as an option for occupation. I will
write it down as 'Housewife'. That takes care of all questions."

This had happened long ago, and was forgotten. Years later when I went
to get my license, the Public Relations Officer was a somewhat pompous. woman.

"Your occupation?" she asked in a rather authoritative tone.

I just had an inspiration and replied "I am a researcher in the field
of Child Development, Nutrition and Inter-personal Relationships"

The lady officer stared at me in amazement. I calmly repeated my
statement and she wrote it down verbatim. Then, unable to conceal her
curiosity, she politely asked "What exactly do you do in your profession, Ma'am?"

 I was feeling good about having described my occupation so calmly and
confidently. So I replied "My research projects have been going on for
a number of years Mothers never retire!. My research is conducted
in the laboratory as well as in the field. I have two bosses. One is
God and the other is my entire family. I have received two honours in
this field. A son and a daughter My topic is considered to be the
most difficult part of sociology.(All moms will agree!!). I have to
work more than 14 hours every day. Sometimes even 24 hours are not
enough and the challenges are tougher than many other professions. My
compensation is in terms of mental satisfaction rather than money"

I could see that the officer was thoroughly impressed. After completing                                                                                                                               the licensing formalities, she came to the door to see me off.
This new viewpoint about my occupation made me feel much better on my
way back home. I was welcomed by my 5 year old research assistant at
the door. My new project (my 6 month old baby) was energetically
practicing her 'music'.

I had earned a small victory over the Governmental red tape today. I
was no longer 'merely a mother', instead I was now a highly placed
functionary in a service vital for mankind -Motherhood!!

'Mother' - Isn't it a great title. Fit to be added to the nameplate on
the door!! By this standard, grandmothers deserve to be called Senior
Research Officers, and Great Grandmothers qualify as 'Research
Directors'. Aunts and other ladies of that age group can be called
'Research Facilitators'

Please share this with all mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers,
all ladies currently holding posts like didi-tai-chachi-mami-mausi-bua
...... They will all shower you with blessings and life will be
happier.



Colette Morris F.R.S.A
Internet Marketing Strategist & Business Coach



1 comment:

  1. Does anyone else have any interesting job titles for 'mothers'?? Post them here in the comments boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, leave me a comment.

ShareThis

Interesting Blogs to Visit